Toddler Teacher Assistant
CBU STATUS: Union - OPEN DATE: March 4, 2020
- In collaboration with the classroom team, plans, prepares, and implements developmentally and culturally appropriate lesson plans for the classroom
- Promotes recognition, acceptance and positive interactions among children, families and staff in the classroom
- Welcomes parents and children into the classroom and works to develop a positive relationship
- Meets with the lead teacher monthly for supervision and support
- Monitors overall health and safety of the children on a daily basis, and reports any signs of illness, injury, abuse or neglect to the lead teacher
- Uses active supervision techniques to supervise children at all times
- Enters documentation into My Teaching Strategies on a weekly basis
- Completes daily health check forms
- Completes daily meal sheets accurately
- Participates in recruitment of children and families for Erie House programs
- Acts as an ambassador for Erie Neighborhood House
- With the classroom team, identifies children who may benefit from specialized services and assists in completion of referrals
- Participates in quarterly team meetings with Family Advocate staff
- Attends monthly all staff meetings, agency meetings, and in-service meetings as required
- Maintains a current Illinois Gateways Registry membership
- Maintains five hours of Gateways approved trainings per program year
- Completes 20 hours of professional development training per program year
- Responsible for the program complying with Erie, the Board of Education and all State licensing requirements and performance standards, including promoting the health and safety of all children, following sanitation procedures and universal precautions, completing a bi-annual physical exam, complying with the Confidentiality and Child Abuse and Neglect Act as a mandated reporter, as well as the American with Disabilities Act and Erie’s Inclusion Policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Illinois Gateways Early Childhood Education credential level 4 (preschool) or Illinois Gateways Infant and Toddler credential level 4 (toddler)
- Bilingual/bicultural Spanish preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Physical constraints required include, but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
- Must be able to sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrates the following qualities: self-motivated, self-directed, follows directions, makes good judgments, creative, reliable, and dependable.
- Exhibits sincere interest in working with children and is knowledgeable regarding children's development and growth.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Upon offer of employment, must complete all forms related to hiring, including Erie’s application and employment status and 3 letters of recommendation. In addition, must complete all DCFS forms, including a Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting and a Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check.
Salary Range: $30,000 - $35,000 plus Excellent Benefits Package
Hiring Locations - Center: 1701 W. Superior St. Chicago, IL 60622 - Teamsters: 1634 W. Van Buren St. Chicago, IL 60612
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
MUST BE A MEMBER OF AFSCME OR JOIN AFTER 30 DAYS
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTER SCHOOL ASSOCIATION RECOGNIZED BY BOARD OF IMMIGRATION APPEALS; UNITED WAY MEMBER