Clinical Therapist - Little Village Location
CBU STATUS: Union
Erie Neighborhood House, a community-building agency empowering Chicago’s low-income and immigrant families, and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society is seeking experienced, bilingual professionals to serve as a Clinical Therapist. The basic functions are to provide comprehensive assessments, counseling and crisis intervention for participants that experience extensive amounts of trauma while providing clinical support.
- Helps maintain counseling and mental health support services for participants experiencing trauma.
- Responsible for providing professional psychotherapeutic services using evidence-based practices and psychosocial support to individuals and families.
- Responsible for keeping clear communication with participants, and being mindful of their needs when scheduling them.
- Conducts assessments, crisis intervention and follow-up services.
- Provides treatment planning, safety planning and case management for participants
- Provide and complete needed documentation for clients and program.
- Travels between Erie sites and partnering agencies to provide direct services.
- Attends school meetings, and home visits for participants as needed.
- Makes referrals to other supportive agencies as appropriate.
- Assists with developing, facilitating and evaluating therapy groups and mental health workshops, providing guidance and support to other facilitators as needed.
- Responsible for data collection, program evaluation and timely reporting on direct services and referrals completed.
- Provide clinical and reflective supervision of assigned graduate level interns as needed.
- Represents Erie Neighborhood House to the public and participates in community meetings/events.
- Attends monthly department, all staff, funder and other required meetings.
- Attend professional development applicable to field and population being served on an ongoing basis.
- Provide In House training to staff, interns, partnering agencies when needed
- Performs other duties as required.
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling and license required; at least 3 years’ experience in the social work or counseling field; LCSW or LCPC preferred.
- 40 hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate
- Familiarity with domestic violence, community violence, child abuse, mental health obstacles
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with fluency in both English and Spanish
- Knowledge and appreciation of cultural issues and differences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility and ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the assets and challenges of a diverse group of participants.
Pay Range: $40,000-$50,000 plus benefits package
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
MUST BE A MEMBER OF AFSCME OR JOIN AFTER 30 DAYS
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTER SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
RECOGNIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE;
UNITED WAY MEMBER